>> Committee Members
Back to Belmore Inc. is governed by a committee of seven members, which is the permanent
collegiate executive body of the Back to Belmore movement. Four members are elected at large. The President, who is elected from
and by the seven committee members, serves as Chairperson of the executive committee.
The executive committee has ultimate responsibility for the good governance of Back to Belmore Inc. in the present and the direction it takes in the future.
The Back to Belmore Inc. committee members are elected on an annual basis. Committee members are required to act competently, honestly, in good faith and in what they consider to be the best interests of Belmore Sports Ground and its restoration and preservation as a multi-use sporting venue. Committee members exercise care, skill and diligence in making decisions. The executive committee works with the President to determine the strategic direction for the organisation and monitors Back to Belmore's operations so as to ensure the effective management of its affairs and ongoing viability. The Back to Belmore Inc. executive committee's primary functions are to:
* Nominate committee members, elect a President and appoint senior advisers
* Set objectives, define policy and develop strategy
* Interpret community interests, ethical standards and people rationale into everyday acts
* Specify authorities of President, non-committee advisors and the committee
* Provide leadership, planning, organisation, control and succession
* Approve short and medium term tactical, technical, operational and financial plans
* Monitor performance against agreed goals
* Ensure present plans and actions make certain that the organisation achieves its primary and secondary objectives
Under the authority of the President and the supervision of the committee members, the executive committee oversees the day-to-day running of Back to Belmore Inc., prepares decisions for the organisation including community-based initiatives, policy and budget, and ensures that these decisions are implemented. Committee members act in a voluntary capacity and bring a variety of professional skills and experience to the service of the organisation. The Back to Belmore executive committee meets every month.